Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Coachella list is up - who cares?

Hey Folks,

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwi4j4rH5e1qzcujxo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1264023852&Signature=4wiThBD%2B%2FLTmDXMtq63GggUTlio%3DSo the Coachella line up is out, and for the first time in history - I just don't care.

There's not a single band on that list that I'm excited over. Not one "Oh Nice", Not even a "I'd cream my pants to see them live".

There's a few "Oh it'd be novel to see Devo Live" or "sigh, I used to like Faith No More" and maybe even a "Do I really want to stand around the middle of the desert with 200,000 people to hear 'Sunny Day Real Estate' sing me into a suicidal depression?

I mean as far as suicidal depressions go, the desert makes perfect sense really. Though I suppose I'd rather start some kind of cult ala Manson, which I guess you find inspiration from... Jay Z? or possibly Thom Yorke.

To be fair, I'd pay 5 bucks to see this show. I'd go for an hour, stand under the oppression of the hot sun, smell the odour of the sweaty people, pay my 6 bucks for a water and 10 for a hot dog and pretty much call it a day having seen a few minutes of Coheed and Cambria, or Yo La Tengo or the nostalgia of Echo and the Bunnymen.

But thanks for existing Coachella - and more over, thanks for not making me feel like I was missing anything important. - Cool.

Stay Strong,

-SamProof

2 comments:

Korey Hunt said...

Seriously Sam? I'd cut off my left hand to see Pavement.

SamProof said...

@Grey - Pavement's good. but not "stand around in the desert baking under the sun" good.