Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Something Amazing Happened to me on the Way to the Forum...

Hey Folks,

This is a story about dichotomy, cosmic balance and the old axiom "You can't be truly happy without having suffered" - well maybe. Mostly this is a blog, that I hope doesn't make you too jealous. :D

So yesterday was suck.

I dragged on through unmotivated to do much of anything.
I tried to treat myself to Sushi, tried to make myself feel "up" but it just wasn't in the cards.

I tried editing videos, tried blogging, tried organizing some photo shoots (which I actually did get accomplished). And then in the wee hours of the night, a few fingers of whiskey and the haze of depression looming I tried to do something instantly creative and gratifying, I took self portraits.
Picture #236

Then I watched LOST one Hulu and went to sleep. Somewhere in the middle of the night my phone, drained of it's battery - shut off. My alarm clock now docile I slept in, I slept till about 1pm at which point in my half awake haze I looked on to my facebook and twitter confounded.

Tons of tweets congratulating myself and @JenFriel and so on... except that last one (technically top one). I just included that because the implication of Pearl in this bikini - too hot.

I immediately found my dead phone and plugged it in, opened gmail and sat in wonder as an email from Ford was congratulating me.

Then I freaked out.

I Pumped my fist in the air, I yelled Attah!, I moshed around the apartment (which was particularly hard because I was still putting clothes on).

Then I texted Jen, called the Ford guy, emailed him, and lost my mind.

I can't help but think some giant door has opened, some weight has been lifted, some unexplained cosmic alignment has found it's way in to my 9th house of.. whatever it is...

Last year was the worst year of my life, and I've been determined to make 2010 the best year of my life to counter it. - This helps, alot.

I want to do something amazing this year not just on a personal level - put on an entertainment level. If it's not publish my novel it's going to me something video oriented. And it's probably going to come out of this.

So the main question that's on my mind is... Jen Friel (Queen of Nerds) & I are now a team so what the hell do you name such a team of awesomeness? Suggestions?


Stay Strong,

-SamProof

PS - nobody tell my Camry about this... she's old and fragile

0 comments: