Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Photography

Hey Folks,

So a long long time ago I took pictures. I studied photography, I analyzed composition, I went to school for it.

My teacher within a few months turned to me and said, "Sam, you use the dark room continue to produce work regularly and you're guaranteed an A". I never did a homework assignment, never paid much attention to classes (hell my memory of even going to classes is limited to that first day in class. but maybe I went, probably not).

In honest having free reign like that, was both awesome and limiting. I peaked before I understood what I wanted from the medium.

These days, I'm lucky if I do one major photo shoot a year. I live for those moments.
You organize this event, bring on a hair stylist, a make up artist, maybe a wardrobe girl... you find models, locations, buy props, sketch a thousand little thumbnails, set up lights, peak in to the dressing room a hundred times, watch the hair sculpting process and then finally make magic happen. You turn the girl next door in to something she never believe was in herself.

I want to start doing photo shoots again. I'm dedicating my Fridays right now to shooting (until the day I have to get a day job again, which could be closing in fast).

I want to fill this portfolio with a million images.

Stay Strong,

-SamProof

2 comments:

John Lacey said...

Good. Do that.

SamProof said...

Thanks John - I will! meh!