Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Blackberry Whiskey Chicken

Hey Folks,

The other day I wanted to do something different. I kind of wanted something like Orange chicken... or lemon chicken, something with a big of a fruit zing but not fried.

I looked around the fridge and cabinets and pulled out these contenders.



When I was done with it, I had this:


Sorry It's not all in focus, it smelled so good I dove in!

So here's what I used:
1 tbsp butter (or oil for skillet)
1 large chicken breast
1 Medium onion
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp whiskey
about 1/3 Blackberry preserves

ignore the peanut butter - I was going to use it and ended up forgetting. but in theory add a tbs see what happens.

So Here's what I did:
Put butter in skillet.
Cook Onions 2 minute
Cut chicken breast in to strips
Add chicken to Skillet.
Cook 8 to 12 minutes till Chicken is done.
remove from pan

Add preserves, whiskey, soy sauce to pan - Fork whisk till mixed and starts to bubble.

Add chicken and onions, stir. Cook 5 minutes.

Eat.

Pump fist into air.

Stay Strong,

-SamProof

0 comments: