Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Number Don't Mean It's Good!

Hey Folks,

So you'd think I'd be in a better mood. To be honest this whole day has felt a little off, I slept on and off for about 4 hours then finally woke up at some stupid early hour.

But mid way through my day, after going through my normal routine of checking my sites I find to my surprise this.


Yep once again youtube has featured one of my videos. Another vlog

as a side note, I have no idea why it is, but the videos I feel the least about, I put the least effort in to, I do just to keep myself going (and mainly vlogs) seem to get featured 5 times more often then the videos I put my heart and soul in.

That's some kind of cruel joke, or irony or something, I don't know.

Anyway - either way, I'm totally thankful anytime a video gets featured no matter what video it is. It's totally humbling to watch the numbers go crazy, see the comments build up - even the silly morons/haters/children that leave awesome things like today's comment of the day.


People must just see dreadlocks and awesome that means drugs. I don't really get it, do you really think if I were stoned I could sit there and edit a video with that many jump cuts?

Anyway, so here I am watching stats (obsessively), reading all the comments, which aren't really that bad as far as hate comments go - I've only been called Rob Zombie once so far, told my videos suck twice, nobody has called me a Caveman yet or told me to grow up... so honestly it's pretty tame.

Among being obsessive about stats is this damn site. It shows you hour by hour how many people have subscribed to your site (or in my case, how many have unsubscribed as well)... and now they've added a new feature that shows your landmark goals. It looks like this



Earlier in the day I was thinking to myself "I want to get to 10,000 subscribers by May, by my birthday" and now looking at this thing (if I wanted to believe it) I would have to wait 2 and a half years to make that mark!?!@$?$T^# WTF!?

So now I'm even more hell bent on my mission of getting 10K by May - hell it even rhymes, so it must be true!

I know these projections are only based on 54 channels so, which isn't enough to give a truly accurate scientific data - much like those people claiming Avatar is the best movie ever because the TV told them it is, because it won the big award, because it's got the biggest box office returns.

So the Twilight books are better then Dostoevsky?
Lady Gaga is better then Mozart?
The SlapChop is better then the... well actually the slapchop is pretty bad ass. So forget that one.

Hell by that logic in someway, Fred is better then entirety of the BBC.

These numbers, they don't mean anything. We knew Avatar was going to be a huge success right out of the gate because it was in our face.

So once again it's just a numbers game. If I had the Marketing of Avatar I'd of course be "better", but it doesn't mean I'd have most quality of substance of the Dr. Parnassus of youtube, who I assume is maybe the Receptionist, or Mysterguitarman.

Anyway time to stop obsessing about numbers and start making something I feel good about!

Stay Strong,

-SamProof
PS - LA stop raining you bitch!

0 comments: