Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

How do you Focus?

I've had this blog window open for about 20 minutes.

I've been sitting in the cafe for about 2 hours.


Photo_21-feedI've done nothing. NOTHING. I have a million fucking ideas in my head and I can't find the focus to act on a single one of them.

So I thought I'd come here and and focus on my lack of focus. If you were to make a mind map of my thoughts right now, you wouldn't come back with a clever typographical design of keywords. Every single letter would break away to create it's own unique mosaic. It's pure chaos.

It's like this


Maybe worse. Probably worse.

I've felt so lathargic and burnt out lately. it's a combination or doing a million things, and having a million things I want to do. I don't get to work on nearly enough of the things I want.

I sit here with lists of lists of things to work on... Path to Publication, CastingTube, Failpire, Short Race, 15x, dash30dash, writing, novels, Gone, Here, eating, drinking, jerking off, work, sleep, Sketch writing, Video making, vlogging, blogging, twittering, plurking, Pinging, chatting, flirting, branding, promoting, talking to the community, talking to the friends, talking to the fans, answering email, answering the phone, checking voice mail, checking email, checking myself.... this list goes on. I've had voice mails on my phone for over a week. Emails on youtube for longer than I'm willing to admit.

How do you do it? How do you find the focus on a thousand projects? How do you prioritize?

I'm trying to break the week up in to days where I force myself to work on a specific project. Give it a deadline. Thing is.. this is the 5th time I've tried to make this list. It gets lost, prioritize change, interests change, life is change, change is constaint, nothing stays the same. My mind is fluid. It goes with the flow of chaotic change.

I need an army of people to help me. I wish I could just divy out portions of my mind and say "carry this out" - and um.. do it for credit, and every week... mkthxilybuhbye. Is that too much to ask?

Things keep getting complex. I start thinking things like "if I can't commit to something once a week, I can make a rotating two week schedule... on weeks A I'll work on ABC & D and weeks B I'll work on XYZ and *explode brain*"

Srsly wtf?

I've never felt so unaccomplished and burnt out all at the same time, as I have in this last month.

Well at least I can mark this off from the massive list
Write blog - check
twitter about writing blog - check.

So what do you do to focus?

0 comments: